Corregidor Island Lighthouse
Established in 1853 to guide ships entering Manila Bay, the lighthouse in Corregidor was one of the most important in the nation. The 60-foot lighthouse - constructed by virtue of a Royal Order from Spain - was constructed at the highest point in the island, giving it an effective height of 639 feet above sea level . Its light visible for 20 miles.
The original lighthouse was destroyed during the Second World War, and was reconstructed in the 1950s.